Maintain the Brain Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Maintain the Brain Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on February 7, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on February 22, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”), such period referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period.” The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Scoot & Doodle, Inc. (the “Sweepstakes Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Sweepstakes Sponsor and not to Facebook.
1. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes:
(a) Visit the Maintain the Brain Sweepstakes Tab at www.facebook.com/scootdoodle;
(b) “Like” Scoot & Doodle;
(c) Complete the Sweepstakes Entry Form by entering your first name, last name and e-mail address.
Once you have completed the Sweepstakes Entry Form described above, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, and you will be provided with a referral link. Click this link to invite your friends to enter the Sweepstakes and receive one (1) additional entry for each of your referred friends who enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period.
Participation in the Sweepstakes is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from the Sweepstakes Sponsor. To enter by mail, please print your first name, last name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and e-mail address on a three-by-five-inch card. Place the card in an envelope, affix first-class postage, and send it to the Sweepstakes Sponsor at the address below. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each completed card we receive by mail. Limit to one hundred (100) entries per person, regardless of the method of entry. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. All entries must be received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Mechanically produced or reproduced entries not accepted. All entries become the property of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and will not be returned. Submitted entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sweepstakes Sponsor.
2. Prize: There will be one (1) prize offered to the winner of the Sweepstakes, consisting of one (1) $50 Scoot & Doodle Gift Card and one (1) Educational Kit Project Genius Light from EEME with an approximate retail value of $50. Additional terms and conditions of the gift card apply.
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes Sponsor by the Sweepstakes End Date. Total approximate retail value of the prize: USD $100. Allow 4-6 weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification or eligibility. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries and its advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations.
4. Selection of Winner: On or about February 23, 2013 (the “Drawing Date”), the Sweepstakes Sponsor will randomly select the winner from all eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. The winner will be contacted using the contact information provided to the Sweepstakes Sponsor on the Sweepstakes Entry Form or mail-in postcard. In the event the winner does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be contacted. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Sweepstakes Sponsor for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
5. Conditions: The Sweepstakes Sponsor, EEME and Facebook, and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law) all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sweepstakes Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event that proper administration of the Sweepstakes is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Sweepstakes Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants and the winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by California law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that California courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be in Palo Alto, California.
6. Winners List: For the first name, last initial, city and state of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Sweepstakes Sponsor, Attn: Winners List, within ninety (90) days of the Drawing Date.
7. Sweepstakes Sponsor
Scoot & Doodle, Inc.
2625 Middlefield Road, #223
Palo Alto, CA 94306
8. Notice: The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
9. Copyright ã 2013 Scoot & Doodle, Inc. All rights reserved. Scoot & Doodle, Inc. and the associated logo are registered trademarks of Scoot & Doodle, Inc. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.